Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Easy Peasiest Chocolate Cake



This is actually a cheat recipe. Coz I used the Betty Cr0cker cake mix. But the combination of other stuff made it turn out ssooooo good and it looked like I had put in a lot of effort into it, I thought maybe other mommies/daddies/people would like to try it out someday..

This was yesterday's 'afternoon activity' for my kids. They enjoyed the measuring and pouring and stirring and baking and waiting bit tremendously. If you wanna get educational, this activity done together taught my kids :
- how to read and follow instructions,
- learned a few new words ('beat' has a good and bad meaning, and what 'grease the pan' meant)
- how ingredients are measured (cups, tablespoons, millilitres)
- chocolate cakes are yummmeh!

So here's the recipe:

Easy Peasiest Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
One box of Betty Cr0cker Cake Mix (I used 'Super Moist Chocolate Cake')
Roudhly chopped walnuts (optional)
2 boxes of thick cream (mine was 250ml each, so that makes up to 500ml)
4 tablespoons of Milo or chocolate drink mix
icing sugar (to taste, only if your choc drink mix has no sugar added)
Chocolate sprinkles

Method:
Mix and bake the cake per instructions on box. I substituted water with fresh milk and added nuts at the bottom of the pan. I don't have a mixer, so I just used my blender ;). Take out of oven and let cool.
Prepare the frosting by mixing the thick cream with the chocolate drink mix. Taste and add icing sugar if necessary. Note: I don't like my frosting to be too sweet, so I did not add sugar.
Once cake is cooled, spread on the chocolate frosting and lay on the chocolate sprinkles as much as you like!
Chill if you want to, but not necessary.


Isn't that so easy??
The kids ate some for dessert after dinner, then ate some more before going to bed, after we came back from my Tajweed class. I still have one more container in the fridge.. so we will prolly eat some more for tea!

yummehhhhhh...!

No comments:

Post a Comment