Monday, June 05, 2006

I believe I can fly

Last night I had the most exhilarating dream.
I dont know about other people, but I have this ability to tell myself I'm dreaming. Sometimes I can even detect a dream within a dream, like you're dreaming that you're asleep and dreaming another dream.
Last night I was fading in and out of wakefulness because I was coughing and also breastfeeding Izani on and off.
But at one point in the night, I dreamt that I was dreaming and at first I was chased by some evil guy who was shooting at me and I was running away in a box-cart (don't ask me why) and I was watching the road turn from asphalt to gravel to dirt to grass then back to asphalt to gravel to dirt to grass.. like the revolving background of a cartoon where the animators were too lazy to bother with details or think the audience won't notice.
I think I got shot or something coz suddenly everything stopped and I was looking at this serene lake with white cranes on it and the cranes started to fly off into the sky and as they did, i felt my soul soar with them.
And I mean i felt it really soar, like something tugging at my chest and sucking the air out of my lungs and throat. and I remember in my dream telling my sleeping self to clutch at my chest and my dream sleeping self did, but I don't know whether I really did.
Anyways, so I started soaring and flying over the trees and houses and I could see streets and rooftops and playgrounds and hills (funnily enough, it looked like PJ). And I remember feeling so elated and exhilirated that I thought hey i've got to remember this and write about it.
But i thought I needed proof (that it realy happened, coz I actually believed my soul was flying) so i reached out my hand at a passing tree and grabbed one of it's tender twigs. It tugged back at first, but then it soon released itself from the rest of the tree and I could smell the bitter sap and notice it had tiny white flowers and oval shaped leaves on them.
I braced myself for a sharp fall, but amazingly i didnt fall sharply. I sorta landed in a swoop, almost like a bird, into a wooden house, in which I woke up, with no twig in hand and a small kid (Anis) tugging at my arm asking me to bring her somewhere.
We were crossing the street when I told myself I should look at the signs to identify where I was so that I'd know it if I saw it again (coz, like i said, I really belive my soul was travelling) and I saw this sign: "SMK Pendang", and I actually said it outloud to Anis, "Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Pendang?", as we zig zagged through park cars.
Then I can't remember what happened in the dream.

Next time I come home and we drive back to Alor Setar, I'll ask Taufik to drive me to Pendang.



In other news, this morning I bopped about the room to Pearl jam's World Wide Suicide with Izani on my shoulder, and he seemed to like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment