Monday, June 19, 2006

The fat fact.

updated on izani
aren't you guys like, sick of him yet?

---------------

I believe I'm going to be fat.

You see, I've been breastfeeding while lying down.
Firstly, because Izani is getting to be really heavy. My arms get tired real fast when I breastfeed him while sitting up.To get a picture of how this feels like, try cradling a 5kg sack of rice in your arms for 20 minutes. See? And he's actually 6 kilos, not just 5 kilos.
If i lie down, I don't have to support his weight, only his head.
Secondly, usually he falls asleep after feeding. So rather than having to lift him up and put him on the bed and risk waking him up for another feed, I could just unlatch him and carefully remove my arm from under his head.

He's been feeding quite often nowadays. Sometimes I get 2 hours between feeds (that is if I give him the bottle), but most of the time, it's only 15 or 30 minutes, or an hour, tops. Sometimes I'd feed him, put him down, go the loo, and find out he wants another feed the moment I step out of the bathroom.
Sometimes I'd only have time to put something on the stove before one of the older kids (or all 3 of them all at the same time) would yell down "Bonda...!! The baby wants milk!!".
At least 3 times a day, I would just finish my breakfast or lunch or dinner and the baby wants milk, so I would have to lie down after a meal, which is a sure fire way of getting f.a.t.

And don't tell me that breastfeeding would help me lose the pregnancy weight, coz I don't believe you. I've been breastfeeding 3 kids, okay? and I'm still fat. Nina and TDB did not breastfeed their babies as much as I did, and they are reed thin. So I think it has nothing to do with breastfeeding at all.

And I've been lying about the daily walk.
It's not really "daily".
It's more like "only when I get the chance to cook dinner early". Which is only like .. urm.. twice a week or so.

And I don't know if doing housework is effective at making me lose weight either. Especially when I do it halfway and have to stop to breastfeed every now and then. (it also does not help that i spend most of my free time on my a** in front of the computer... heh heh).

Let's just face it.
I'm gonna be fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment