Thursday, June 15, 2006

Easy Peasy Summer Coolers

I have updated on Izani's latest progress.
I'm amazed that you guys arent bored yet.




It's starting to get really hot here, the temperatures hovering between 37 to 45 degrees Celcius. So I had lotsa excuses to eat ice cream and make smoothies.

Peaches are starting to be in season, so I bought a few the other day and made Peach Almond Crumble. I followed the same recipe for Strawberry Almond Crumble, but since I was using a smaller baking pan, I halved the topping recipe (an added crushed peanuts, coz I had some lying around). Ate the Peach Crumble with a dollop of Vanilla Ice-cream before and after going on our daily walk. ;)



Top, Left: fresh peaches, Right: cut up and mixed with sugar
Bottom, Left: The whole concoction, Right: Served with vanilla ice cream


I also had an extra bag of frozen strawberries from when I made the Strawberry Almond Crumble, so I decided to make strawberry smoothies.
The first one I made turned out almost like a sorbet coz I added only a little bit of water (and sugar, of course). The next one I followed Ilham's suggestion to add some milk and it turned out into a delicious smoothie!
Easy Peasy Strawberry Smoothies

2 handfuls of frozen strawberries (Only defrost for a few minutes at room temp, dont let it go soggy)
water or milk (I used about a quarter to half a cup.. i didnt really measure. Use less to make thicker smoothies)
2 tablespoons of sugar (Adjust to your liking)

Put everything into your blender, smooth using pulse mode. Pour into glasses. Enjoy!



The Sorbet and The Smoothie

Anis thoroughly enjoying a cooling treat

We had to drink/eat ours with a spoon coz they were so thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment