Monday, March 27, 2006

Epidural or GA?

With a schedule and all, you'd think things would be going on smoothly eh?
Well, kids are unpredictable, so we didnt really stick to the schedule much, but it is used as a guideline, at least.
Yesterday they woke up really late so I had to cancel the morning PS2 session and made them sit downstairs and draw while I cooked lunch (Pajeri terung!! first time I made them and it turned out okay! Yay!!). Then they played PS2 the whole afternoon till I chased them outside to play.
Today they woke up really early. By 8 they had already had their breakfast. I let them shower and play in the tub for a whole hour, enduring a very loud re-enactment of Tadpole Rag and Caterpillar Boogie (audio only).
E.g.:
Ihsan sings at the top of his voice, "One day teacher brought to school" *splash* "Something {inaudible} from the pool" *splash* "It was strange and wobbly" *splash* "Looks like jelly in a plate to me" *splash*.

One day i'll transcribe the whole song here..
and then I made them clean-up their room after dressing up.
Now they're playing Monster's Inc on PS2.

Note to Mokciknab and Papa: I'm going to schedule their 'webchat session' during "Free Activity", which is after dinner, roughly between 7:30 to 9:30 (s@udi time), would that be okay? We will log on earlier if we can. Sorry for not being able to do it earlier than that..

Aaaaaanyways...

today I wanna talk about me.

For the past 3 deliveries, I underwent C-section with the aid of an epidural. I chose epidural because then I'd be aware of what's going on and I'd be awake when the baby is delivered and presented to me and I'd be the first person to call the baby by name. I could even reach out and touch the baby if I wanted to.
For this delivery , however, I am contemplating on whether I should take epidural or not. I think sticking a long needle up your spine for the fourth time is really pushing your luck, don't you think?
So I am considering going under general anaesthetic. That means really really 'going under'.
I have never experienced this before, and I wonder what it's like.. I mean, how long will I be under? How long would it take for me to wake up after the delivery? Would there be any side effects after waking up?
With Epidural, i experienced mild nausea and extreme fatigue (don't know why). How would GA affect me? I heard that patients coming out of GA would sometime mumble and talk nonsense.. is that true? ANd how long will I be out? (i.e. when will I be able to see and feed my baby?)

I know that I should be asking these questions to my doctor, and I will, but I just wanted to hear other people's REAL experience with it.
So If you have any stories to share, I'd more than welcome them.
Hopefully it'll assist me in making my decision.

Thanx in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment