Monday, January 16, 2006

Lord of The Blog : Return Of The Pink

oh boy oh boy
where do I even start..
well, I guess this is going to be another collection of random ramblings about what went on the last month.

-----------------------------------

My flight to Malaysia was horrible.
The Doha-KL flight was delayed for 3 hours and we had to spend that 3 hours in the small and cramped Doha airport. I read a bit of The Mill On The Floss and had a short nap and watched people. The kids sat on the floor and drew. There were a group of Malaysian students who Taufik described as peghak, coz they kept cheering and clapping for something. Why do Malaysians have to be so beriya?. They made the wait more annoying.
The flight was full and I sat next to Anis who kept kicking me in her sleep coz she couldn't get comfortable. I couldn't get comfortable either coz of my 'condition'. I couldnt even watch Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.
I puked when we landed. The Malaysian students clapped and cheered for the pilot. *roll eyes*

----------------------------------------

My checklist:
1. Settle house loan - done
2. Get my RHB card - done
3. Pay MSRI - done
4. Makan, makan, makan dan makan (eat, eat, eat and eat) - done done done

Under item 4, I managed to eat almost everything that I had wanted to, except for satar. I even got to eat Dim Sum, which wasn't on my original list, thanx to my girlfriends.

-------------------------------------

I didnt get to meet up with as many friends as I hoped, mainly coz my schedule was kinda tight, and there were 3 public holidays (christmas, new year and Eid-ul-Adha) during this trip and people had other plans. But i treasure those that I did get to meet (especially The Elusive Mr R and wife, and Zharif and Izzah) (I think Izzah looks a lot like her grandmother lah..)
ah well.. maybe next time.
And I think next time I'll invite people to my house instead.

-----------------------------------------

I had to pack most of my 'supplies' (maggi mee, keropok, ikan bilis, ikan masin, udang kering, rempah2 etc) in 2 extra boxes. And I still didnt get to bring back all of it! I didnt get to bring home my soy sauce and oyster sauce :P coz Taufik didnt wanna risk bringing back bottles. bummer.

---------------------------------------

I didn't get to see Baik Punya Cilok!!!! aiyahhhh
Chief Kodok if you're reading this, bila itu VCD original keluar, lu kasi tahu sama gua, okay?

-----------------------------------------

Ilham cried when we had to say goodbye to everybody... hee hee hee... he is is so emo.

---------------------------------------------

The flight back was worse.
I puked at least 6 times. I couldnt eat a thing. Everything I tried to eat came back out.
I think my body was avenging the 4 weeks of stuffing myself.

-------------------------------------

It was weird how when I stepped through the door of Villa 251, Canary Village Al-khobar, it felt more like home than my real home.

I am still slightly jet lagged. I get sleepy by 7pm and wake up by 5am. But all in all, things are getting back to normal.

I only started real cooking today. I made naemy lamb soup, and fried a piece of tenggiri jeruk with sliced onions and garlic. YUMMY.





Blog Comments


Posted by: sevenwaysfromsaved
Date: 01/16/06 at 3:02 PM (5M3d ago)
"Ilham cried when we had to say goodbye to everybody... hee hee hee... he is is so emo."

You are the coolest mom ever, ahahahaha.


Posted by: +nectar
Date: 01/16/06 at 3:03 PM (5M3d ago)
yay, you're back. Kesiannya muntah banyak kali, mesti sakit, kan.
ramai orang dah pindah either blogspot or efx2. sunyi rasa modblog. I don't know abt Al-Khobar but I managed to send food supplies to Japan through sea mail. Botol kicap and sos selamat, tak pecah and semuanya lepas tak kena tahan. plus masa my parents-in-law dtg they brought some supplies including lesung batu. Allah bless my parents-in-law.


Posted by: ciknort
Date: 01/16/06 at 4:04 PM (5M3d ago)
Alhamdulillah~ everything's OK! tuh la kak, tk ajak saya jumpe..ehehehe. it's ok, lenklai boleh jumpe. hope that you are happy and always happy~ take care! muwahs muwahs..

p/s: i'm still thinking what to write to you. hehe :D


Posted by: The Angel Islington (View Website)
Date: 01/16/06 at 8:04 PM (5M3d ago)
La..dah balik dah rupanya. Yeah, it's funny how the Home Away From Home can feel cosier sometimes..

Posted by: Leez (View Website)
Date: 01/17/06 at 3:18 AM (5M2d ago)
poor you! oh well, at least now you're back home n can start stuffing up again hehehehehe :)


Posted by: zan
Date: 01/18/06 at 5:24 AM (5M1d ago)
kesiannya ilham...ihsan tak nangis ker? tenggiri jeruk...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment