Saturday, October 07, 2006

hodge podge

Firstly, I would like to welcome marhainees to efx2 :)
She's Taufik's cousin. This is the first time someone from Taufik's side of the family have read my blog. Good thing I only write nice things.. *wink*
I've told her not to show her parents my culinary posts, because then they'd ask me to cook the next time I come to their house..
tee hee!!
eh wait a minute.. but I've already cooked mee udang (prawn noodles) for them once, and it was well received.. so I guess no harm, eh?
apara..



I had 2 of the nearest melayus (read: Daneesh's family and Afiq's family. The boys are Ilham's classmates) come over for iftar yesterday. It was pot luck, so everyone brought something.
I made chicken rice with the soup, roast chicken (marinated in onions, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce and mollasses. yummy!) and the obligatory condiments (garlic ginger chilli sambal, soy sauce/gravy from the marinade, chopped cilantro and crispy fried shallots).
Daneesh's mom brought traditional malay finger food cucur keria and seri muka (yum yum).
Afiq's mom brought a salad and kangkung goreng belacan to go with the chicken rice, a date cake and a fruit salad for dessert.

Things were a bit chaotic with the kids and all, but alhamdulillah, the dinner and conversation went well. The topic swerved and changed smoothly from rewards for fasting (I give my kids only 1riyal for every day they successfully fast, the other parents give substantially more), to co-sleeping, to holiday plans, to ghost stories (one of them has actually seen ghosts!), to weird sarawakian names (They knew a guy named "Beruang Hitam" once. Really!), to what to eat for sahur. The top floor of our house were noisy with the laughter of children, while the ground floor were noisy with the laughter of adults.
All in all a good gathering! :)

Ameen, rindu pulak kat nasi ayam pak teh...



I've got lots of blog alerts to catch up with.. so I guess I better get right on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment