Friday, November 10, 2006

wassup

hm... what's been going on with me?

been very busy.

I decided to save a few bucks and make my own containers for Izani's party favours. A cardboard box costs 50cents per piece. My paper bag costs erm.. less than 2 cents per piece, but I have to spend time folding and gluing it. I know some people would probably just throw them away at the end of the party, but nevermind... I'm doing it outta love. I'm gonna save one for keepsake.

Last weekend I had four families come over for tea. Taufik bought some arabic bread and I made dhal and chicken curry and fried meehoon (You can tell that I don't have that many dishes which I am confident of cooking and serving to guests). I had some leftover curry just sitting there in the fridge, so today I boiled some tagliatelle and had it with the curry. Curry tagliatelle.. yum. Not bad for a cold day. Sorry no pictures, all gone.
Yup it's starting to get cold... The sky's no longer blue, it's gloomy gray and we even got a bit of drizzle today (extremely rare in this part of the world, if you don't know yet).
I'm thinking of making popcorn today. Did you know that I didn't know how to make popcorn in a pot on the stove? I just learned how to do that from Rach@elR@y yesterday. (note: I also do not own a microwave)
Tomorrow I'm thinking of making her berrymisu. (Tiramisu, but with blended strawberries instead of coffee.. interesting, eh?)

This weekend is Schlumb3rger's International Day and since I'm an adopted Schlumb3rger-ian (Adopted by my friend Sharlee), and I've been put in charge of making cucur keria (there you go again, my limited menu), ordering currypuffs from Kak F, and a 'cultural performence'. Nope, I'm not gonna dance. I'm gonna make the kids do something.
So I've been searching for traditional malay songs. Found Lagu Tiga Kupang (The malay version of Sing a song of Sixpence) and Itik Gembo-Gembo (A Trengganu folk song). Spent this morning thinking about choreography and typing them out and sending it out to Sharlee and Liza. This afternoon I have to teach my kids how to do the joget. tee hee.

I am also starting to shop for the trip home. I'm thinking maybe jubah (long arabic dresses) for my sisters (and sisters in laws.. jangan risau nina) and kopiah for men? maybe habatuss sauda? I don't know.. makcik pening. (and adusss poket ku sakit)

Okay so.. my alerts are piling up again.
I have a PM that's been waiting for a reply for almost a week now (mintak ampunnnnnn oLaB!!!) .. don't know when I'd have time to write that one.

okeh gotta go.

See ya when I see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment