Sunday, October 01, 2006

Easy Peasy Birthday Cake

Okay be forewarned. Yummy looking cake ahead.

This is prolly the effing easiest birthday cake I ever made. It's so easy I'm not even categorizing it under 'Culinary Jam'.
I took Betty Cr0cker's French Vanilla cake mix and baked it. Damn.. did my kitchen smell heavenly!
I sliced the cake into 2 discs.
Whipped some cream with a few tablespoons of icing sugar.
Slapped it on the bottom piece of cake, then sandwiched it with the other piece of cake. I dumped the rest of the sweetened whipped cream on top, then arranged fresh strawberry halves on top.




It wasn't a strawberry shortcake, but it made Ihsan happy. He can't tell the difference anyways.



The cake was moist and fluffy. The cream, well, creamy, with just a slight sweetness. The strawberries was a bit sour, so I had to dust them with some icing sugar.
It looked pretty too. You could never go wrong with strawberries and cream.



Ihsan ate two pieces!!


Forgive me for subjecting you to this so early in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment