Sunday, September 10, 2006

Easy Peasy Fish Sandwich

For a site that has a toaster on its logo, I don't post many sandwich recipes, do I?
Well, today's your lucky day, coz I made a sandwich for lunch, and it looked good enough to .. post, then eat.

It's not even a real recipe, coz I just used stuff bought at the frozen section of the grocery store, fried them up and put them together.
The only real 'recipe' is probably for the coleslaw.

Easy Peasy Fish Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 pieces of bread, toasted to your liking
a few pieces of frozen fish filet, fried per instructions
a slice of cheese (any type you like)
Shredded lettuce
finely sliced carrots
mayonaise or your favourite salad dressing (I used a mixture of mayo and ranch)
salt n pepper to taste

Method:
In a bowl, mix together the lettuce, carrots and mayo/salad dressing with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
Construct the sandwich by putting cheese and then the fried fish fillet on a piece of toast. Top everything with the coleslaw, cover with another piece of toast.
Serve with a side of fries.

Preparation time: 20 minutes, tops! (long enough for izani to take a nap)

heh heh..
I think even nutty a person who claims they can't cook can pull this off!

I had this with a mug of milo+oats, while watching re-runs of the Crocodile Hunter.

.

yummy yummy yummy i've got a fish in my tummy...

---

No comments:

Post a Comment