Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Just Playing

Izani

I think Izani can see now, coz he's smiling! (at you, as opposed to just smiling right before he belches)
This morning he was making complaining noises and I tested him to see if he wanted milk (put my knuckle on his cheek, if he turns to grab it with his mouth, he's hungry), and he did, so I propped him up on my pillow while I went to make milk.
When I got back, I saw him looking at me intently and curiously.
I greeted him with an excited "Hello, baby!" and gave him my biggest smile.
and he smiled back!!
yay!!
(sorry, no pictures.. I think the camera is in Taufik's car)

So today I had fun playing making faces with him. Just sitting face to face and trying to extract a smile or an expression. He smiled and 'laughed' (wide open smile that shows his gums) several times, but there were also confused, cross-eyed looks.
All babies are cross-eyed at first, right?



Anis

We were playing a spelling game last night (as usual, at the dinner table). Taufik would give a word for Ihsan to spell and I'd give a word for Ilham to spell.
Anis pun nak menyebok, she wanted to join in, so she started saying "my turn, my turn!" so I gave her something I knew she could spell, which was her name, and she proudly spelled it.
Then she said "my turn, my turn" again, and this time she wanted to give the word, and she said "How to spell 'Monda'?"
and Ihsan started spelling, "M. O. .."
"No!!" Anis said,"it's B, Abam" (Abam='Abang', big brother)
"But you said 'Monda' ..." Ihsan protested, "that is spelled with an M"
"I said Bonda" she corrected, which Ihsan then spelled correctly.

Anis also likes to imitate Twinkle from Higglytown Heroes .. she'd go "Oh I know, I know!"
The only thing she doesnt do is go "aw.. pickles!"



Ihsan

This is Ihsan's new favourite song:
5 little monkeys, jumping on the bed
one fell off and hurt his head
mom called the doctor and the doctor said..
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

4 little monkeys, jumping on the bed
one fell off and hurt his head
mom called the doctor and the doctor said..
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

.
.
.

1 little monkey, jumping on the bed
one fell off and hurt his head
mom called the doctor and the doctor said..
"Send the monkeys off to bed!"

I think he learnt it from Bear (In the Big Blue House, not diah's bear)



Ilham

Ilham is still trying to get a hang of rollerblading. He still falls down sometimes. When we go out on our walks, sometimes he gets tired and would whine for one of his siblings to come and tow him.
It looks kinda fun, really. Ilham would hold on to Ihsan's shoulders and Ihsan would walk or run, whichever seems exciting at the moment.
Sometimes Anis would tow Ilham, and she would do it with neighing sounds and she would do a little trot.
There's a particular bit of the compound that the kids like. It has a slight hill. Ihsan would patiently tow his brother up the hill, then as they reach the peak, he would watch out for traffic. He'd ask his brother "ready?" and without waiting for an answer, he would run down the hill. Both of them would scream "Rollercoaster!!!!" with glee till they reach the bottom of the 'hill' and cross to the other side to the road. Anis would run and scream along.
They'd do that till Taufik and I have caught up with them and told them it's time to move on.



ah.. the simple pleasures of childhood..

No comments:

Post a Comment