Saturday, May 19, 2007

stoooopid

Please don't laugh at me.

I've been without internet connection since Thursday morning.
The LAN icon was gone from the toolbar (which should've been an indication had I not been so rusty), and one of the lights on the modem was not on.
I checked the power, the connections, all was OK.
I took the phone and tried the phone line which the modem was connected to and confirmed that it was working.
I figured the internet was down for some reason.
I tried calling the network guy but he was off.
Then it was friday, so I couldnt do anything.
Today I tried again and he was still not around.
At around 4 i managed to talk to someone, who forwarded the complaint to another technician.
I described the problem to the guy.
I described the modem lights.
He asked me to check the network setting by clicking on the LAN icon.
I told him the LAN icon was not there.
He said "then your LAN is disabled, just enable it back" (Yeah I know the grammar is wrong, but he's an ar@b)
I almost banged my head on the table.
So I went to control panel, clicked on network, and lo and behold.. it was disabled.
I enabled it, and lo and behold, I have my internet connection again.
*bangs my ehad on the table for real*
I felt so stupid for not trying this earlier.

Please don't laugh at me.

we will resume our regular programming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment