Friday, May 21, 2004

Someone's a year older

Mood: chirpy Playing: Happy Birthday by *ME*

Today is the birthday of 2 of my favorite people in the world:
1. Ilham, my firstborn. He is 6 today!! He was so excited this morning. :)
2. Rizwal, my best friend. He is .. hrrrmmmm... 31? I sent him a text message this morning and got back a chirpy reply. As u may have read in my previous blog, he just became a daddy less than a month ago :)

A little bit of history on how/when Ilham was born:
(Warning: stories abt giving birth are seldom exciting)
My estimated due date was 10th of May. But i waited and waited and I didnt feel any contractions or had any sign that I was gonna deliver. For a week, I went out walking, but still no sign. So my gynae said, come in on the 20th so that we can induce you (they stick a needle into you and drip some sorta drug to force a delivery).
So I did, and they induced me, and still , no delivery. So in the end (after 20 hours doing nothing but joke around with my husband in the labor room) they decided to deliver Ilham by C-Section (that means they cut you up to pull out the baby).
Good thing, cos he was a big baby! He was 3.9kg (How many pounds is that?) and the reason I could not deliver him normally was because his huge head couldnt fit into my birth canal (now I can just picture SyntheticFaith's face reading this.. LOL).
I am 5ft 2in by the way.. don't ask me how I got such a big baby if I'm so small.

So that's the story how Ilham was born on my best-friend's birthday. Incidently, my best-friend became Ilham's godfather.

Sidenote:
My 2nd son, Ihsan, shares the same birthday with my husband. He was BIGGER than Ilham. He was 4.2kg.
So expect another posting like this on the 1st of October ;)

-------------------

I'm going to Ilham's school at 3:30pm today. I'm gonna read a SpongebobSquarePants storybook to him and his friends, then we're gonna have cake.
When we get home, I'm gonna give him the walkie talkies I bought him.
I wish I had gotten walkie talkies as a kid. All I had were tin cans connected with a string.

No comments:

Post a Comment