Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cl0verfield

Someone YM-ed me and asked whether I've seen Cl0verfield. Apparently that someone have forgotten that I live in a kingdom that does not have public movie theatres.
Curious, I g00gled the title and found the official site and watched the trailer. All I can say is "WOW!".
I also went to Cl0verfield's imdbpage. Reading the user comments were very interesting indeed (Watch out for spoilers though).
The movie looks exciting and awesome, but I get motion sick very easily so I don't think I'll be able to watch this movie on the big screen. I'll just wait for the DVD to come out and watch it on a small screen.
If you have seen this movie or is planning to, can you tell me if it's appropriate for kids? It's rated PG-13, but I just want to make sure my kids won't have nightmares or something. Just to give you an inkling of what I'm worried about, they watched Transformers and they're okay with it, but I didn't let them watch Ap0calypto or horror movies like The Grudg3 or The R1ng (even I dont watch those movies). They even covered their eyes when V0ldermort came back to life in The G0blet of Fire.
This movie was released in US theaters yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    I have not seen it and doubt I ever will - I'm prone to motion sickness, so why even try. Heard mostly negative stuff about this movie - mengakal and also the shaky camera style [a la The Blair Witch Project] caused a lot of motion sickness among the viewers. Plenty vomited after seeing this. Don't think u should let your children see it. I've seen Ap0colypt0 and it's very gruesome - lost my appetite after seeing that movie. Definitely not kid-friendly either ;) but for the adults, worth watching for the historical value - I love ancient-anything!!

    ReplyDelete