Monday, November 06, 2006

Easy Peasy Sausage and Mushroom Pasta

This was yesterday's lunch.
It doesnt have to be sausages, or mushrooms. It can be anything really, but those are what I had in my fridge.
And it could be any kind of pasta, but I had a bit of spaghetti and a bit of fettucini, so I boiled both and mixed them.

Easy peasy Sausage and Mushroom Pasta

3-4 cups cooked pasta
5-10 pips garlic (depends on how much u like em)
5 sausages sliced into chunks (it was leftover from breakfast)
half a can of whole mushrooms (quartered)
one small can cream soup (I used cream of chicken)
Italian herb mix (i used mccormack. It's optional but it gives a delish aroma)
salt n pepper to taste

Saute garlic in oil (evoo or whatever you have) till lightly roasted. Add in the sausages to brown them a bit. Add a little water to stop garlic from burning. Add cream soup and half a can of water. Stir to a smooth consistency. Sprinkle with the herb mix. Once it boils, add salt n pepper to taste, then add the mushrooms.
Pour the sauce over the pasta.




I kept the mushrooms chunky because Ihsan likes them but Ilham doesnt, so Ilham could easily pick them out to give them to his brother. The sausages are cut into chunks for dramatic effect. The kids would go "ooohhh sausages!! yummy!!" instead of holding up a bit of meat and make a face while asking me "What is this?".
I added a bit of cream to the soup to tone down the saltiness, and I served mine with chopped cilantro and sprinklings of parmesan. My kids had theirs without the cilantro and with a generous amount of grated mozzarella.
You can basically do anything you want to make it your own.
I have leftovers and today I'm gonna have it with some garlic toasts (coz sliced bread are all I have).

No comments:

Post a Comment