Saturday, August 12, 2006

I am pissed

I am pissed at what is going on in Britian. I think there is truly something wrong with the Islamic community there.
The people who are allegedly trying to bomb the planes, what in the world were they thinking?
At a time when the world already thinks Muslim equals terrorist, they go out and propagate the view. How idiotic is that?
I think they missed the qur'an lessons when this verse was taught:
Fight in the Way of God those who fight you, but do not transgress. God loves not those who transgress. [Al-Qur’an 2:190]

I think the last time I checked, killing the innocent is still considered a transgression.

Where are their parents? WHy are they not taught proper Islamic values?
If they are orphans, where are the community leaders? Are they not talking to these people? Are they not guiding these folks to the right path? What could've have made these alleged terrorists become so misguided?
If they are so angry at the British government, why can't they just approach the MPs and voice their opinions? If that approach was taken and didnt work, then the government need to look into why these people have lost faith in their own government that they felt they needed to take such a drastic step.
I refuse to believe that bombing a plane is the only way they could've have captured the government's attention.

If I were their parents, I would go and slap them.
How dare they. How dare they claim to defend the religion, yet they shame the religion by not following the teachings in the Qur'an. How dare they not use the brains bestowed to them by God to find a better, more peaceful way to vent their frustrations.
If they are truly guilty for what they are accused of, then I say they deserve to be punished accordingly.

This incident made me more adamant though. I am more adamant in teaching my kids that hurting other people is wrong. I am more adamant in teaching them how to handle their anger.
I am more adamant in praying that the next muslim generation is brought up properly, to love, not hate.
Insya-Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment