Sunday, November 28, 2004

Camera Phones banned in Saudi

Mood: 33 days till quitting Playing: "Mobius One Enganged", "Mobious One Fox Two",'Mobious One Crashed"

Thanx Riza, for bringing this up.

I don't know whether u've heard, but the Saudi government is banning all camera phones.
You either put your phone in storage at point of entry (they give you your sim card tho) where you can retrieve it upon your exit of the country, OR, if you refuse to surrender your phone, they would use a glass cutter to scratch your phone lense, rendering the camera on your phone useless.

I'm sure you can read more about it from scouring the web.
My thoughts about it: meh, I think they have good reasons for it, but I think they'd be better off punishing the perpetrators rather than punishing the tools. It's like the "Guns don't kill people, People kill people" argument.
But as long as there is that rule, I am going to abide to it. I'm not gonna get myself in trouble and risk my family's peace of mind just coz I don't agree with one stupid rule.

So I'm selling off my phone. Unfortunately for those of you who have been eyeing my Motorola e380, I've already got a buyer for it.. hee hee





Blog Comments

Posted by: nectar
Date: 11/29/04 at 2:02AM (1M4w ago)

Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise. Now you can get a separate digicam with better resolutions. :)


Posted by: meowxx (Offline)
Date: 11/29/04 at 3:55AM (1M4w ago)

why? the women are all covered and how much damage can the phone do... ok forget about the women... what damage can a camera phone do? weird....

***
Fame is the scentless Sunflower, with a gaudy crown of gold;
But Friendship is the breathing Rose, with sweets in every fold.


Posted by: LoLlieS (Offline)
Date: 11/29/04 at 9:32AM (1M4w ago)
True the woman are all covered but Elisa being female can gather around with the ladies and snap photos of the women when they are not covered and might also spread it around. I heard they love belly dancing among the girls too.


Posted by: nectar
Date: 11/30/04 at 4:25AM (1M4w ago)

I agree with Lollies. The women are known to dress sexily among themselves.


Posted by: meowxx (Offline)
Date: 11/30/04 at 4:30AM (1M4w ago)

ohhh elisa... please take some photos and mail them to me... muahahaha..... *drooling*

***

No comments:

Post a Comment