Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Easy Peasy Coconut and Cheese Pancakes

Woke up this morning to pack the kids' lunch and realized I ran out of bread.
So I made some pancakes instead, with whatever I had in my fridge. Turned out not bad for a campak-campak (throw anything in) recipe.

Warning: Measurements are guesstimates. It was waaaay too early in the morning.

Easy Peasy Coconut and Cheese Pancakes

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup freshly grated coconuts
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Method
Mix flour, milk, egg, sugar and salt in a large bowl, preferrably with a whisk, until batter is smooth. Add milk if it's too thick. Stir in coconuts.
Ladle onto an ungreased small non-stick pan over medium heat, spread evenly. Sprinkle grated cheese.
When edges start to brown, flip to cook other side.
Serve with your favourite condiment.





I had mine with last night's sambal tumis (thick chilli and onion sauce). It tasted good on its own too.
You could also omit the cheese if your family are not fans of cheese. You could also substitute the parmesan with cheddar or mozarella or whatever cheese you fancy or have in your fridge.
The coconuts give a nutty flavor and a crunchy texture to the pancakes. I wish my coconuts were younger, fresher and more roughly grated though. It would've tasted awesome. You could use dessicated coconut instead but the texture and taste would be slightly different, perhaps drier and sweeter.

Happy trying and tell me how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment