Friday, June 22, 2007

Anis is sick

Anis got sick on Wednesday, the last day of school.

She unusually took a nap in the afternoon and when I woke her up for dinner, she vomitted. After dinner she had diarrhea (eh how lah to spell this word?).

I have cracked my head to think what could make her feel this sick.

I made mac and sausages and cheese for lunch, but no one else was sick eating that. Even Izani ate it (and lots of it) and he seems to be hunky dory.

I kept asking her what she ate in school or did she sneak and eat something else besides the mac and cheese, but she said nothing.



I thought yesterday she would be better.

She ate sausages and scrambled eggs for breakfast, but only half of it. She didn't vomit, but she did go to the toilet.

For lunch we went to the mall and the kids had chicken sandwich, but Anis only ate half of hers and the fries. We didnt let her drink her rootbeer float so she had water instead.

She had this weird look on her face so I asked her if she was alright. I pressed on and she finally said she needed to go to the toilet. We went to the one closest to the food court and I wasnt suprised to find it full, with several people in queue for each cubicle.

So I decided we should go to the other ladies' restroom, the one almost at the other end of the mall.

We walked really fast, me asking her if she was okay after every few shops.

"boleh tahan?" (can you hold it?) I would ask.

"Yes" she would answer meekly.

I think if we were to enter a walkathon with that speed, we would've won with a huge lead. I felt like my feet were going to fall off when we finally reached the other toilet.

The moment she sat on that porcelain throne, I could hear a whoosh and her sigh of relief.



We cancelled shopping plans and drove home. Anis fell asleep the moment we got home.

She slept for the longest time. I woke her up for dinner and she didnt want to wake up. I checked on her before I got into bed and found her panties clean, but didnt even stir.

Poor girl!

I found her in my bed in between Izani and Taufik this morning.

She seemed a little lethargic, but perked up when we fed her nestum.

Now she's taking a nap on the living room sofa.

She seems so weak, but she doesnt want to eat anything.



What to do ya? Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment