Sunday, September 26, 2004

Laksa Lemak

Mood: same ol same ol Playing: Our Lives by The Calling

Maggi used to have their Instant Noodle in this flavour: Laksa lemak. It has a creamy, spicy soup with a slight prawn taste.
It was excellent ! *thumbs up*
dee, i'm sure you remember it
Somehow they've stopped making their instant noodles in this flavour. I don't know why.

The other day I saw Adabi had come up with an instant noodle in Mee Bandung flavour. It's supposed to have a nutty, spicy, creamy, prawn-y soup as well, but unfortunately it didnt turn out right (due to the fault of the manufacturer or the fault of the cook a.k.a. me, I dont know).
Anyways.
So yesterday I came home from MC-ing a charity treasure hunt in Kota Kemuning and was tired and hungry and I thought Taufik had bought me lunch but it turned out he didnt, so I had no choice but to cook instant noodles, and all I had was Adabi Mee Bandung.
So how to make it taste better?
you know it's coming... you can't stop me if u wanted to

So here's what I did:

Boil water.
Soak the noodles in the water till it's al-dente (coz that's the way (ahak ahak..)
I like it (ahak ahak..) )
Drain out half of the water (coz I like my soup thick)
Add in the packaged soup seasoning (they're in paste form)
Add in 1/2 teaspoon of Delichef's Prawn Mee paste
Add in 1/2 teaspoon on Knorr's Tom Yam paste.
And the piece de resistance (if only I can spell it) : one tablespoon of cream.
Mix thoroughly.
Savour.


I ate it in front of the TV coz Taufik had popped in I, Robot.
Ex.Ce.Llent.
Now I can't look at a robot without thinking of my Laksa Lemak.

So dee, add this into your shopping list:
Maggi Kari or Adabi Mee Bandung, DeliChef Prawn Mee Paste, Knorr Tom Yam paste.
Guaranteed to cure homesickness.

hungry yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment